Academy MemberMap & Directions
Recognized to Ontario Chapter for:
Other ADR Services: Med-Arb, Mini-Trial, Neutral Evaluation
- Practice Commenced: 1994
- Total Mediations (as of Jul 2021): 5000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jul 2021): 5
Since 1995 has mediated over 4,500 civil disputes in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice including personal injury claims, medical and hospital malpractice cases, insurance disputes, lawyers’ negligence cases, wrongful dismissal cases and professional liability claims.
Appointed arbitrator of the Walkerton Contaminated Water Class Proceedings lawsuit by Order of Mr. Justice Paul Perell of the Ontario Superior Court dated July 21, 2016.
Appointed arbitrator of the economic loss claim advanced by K. D. in the context of The Walkerton Class Action. The appointment was made by order of Mr. Justic Paul Perell of the Ontario Superior Court dated November 2, 2016.
Numerous appearances as counsel and junior counsel in the District Court of Ontario, Supreme Court of Ontario, the Ontario Court of Justice (General Division) and the Ontario Superior Court of Justice in Judge alone and Jury matters..
Appearances as counsel at Coroners' Inquests including the Inquest into three deaths on the Toronto Transit Commission Subway System on August 11, 1995 and the Inquest into the death of Lisa Shore at the Hospital for Sick Children on October 22, 1998
- Class Actions
- Cross Cultural
- Disability Claims
- Health Care
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Natural Disasters
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Bachelor of Laws, L.L.B now Juris Doctor, J.D. Osgood Hall Law School of York University (1977)
- Master of Laws (LL.M. in Alternative Dispute Resolution) Osgoode Hall Law School of York University (2011)
- Resigned as a Specialist in Civil Litigation January 2005, given current Mediation involvement.
- Awarded Specialist Certificate in Civil Litigation by the Law Society of Upper Canada (January12, 1990, renewed for a five year term in 1995 and again in 2000).
- Mr. Gomberg is a graduate of the Harvard Mediation Workshop (1995) and of the Advanced Mediation Workshop (1996).
Memberships & Affiliations
- The Advocates' SocietyMember, Programme Committee (1994–1997)Chairman,
- Appointed to the Board of Directors of The Advocates' Society for the term 1995-1997.
- Elected to the Board of Directors of The Advocates' Society for the term 1992-1995.
- Civil Jury Review Committee of The Advocates' Society (1994)Co-Chairman,
- Membership and Marketing Committee of The Advocates' Society (1993–1994)
- The Canadian Bar Association
- The County of York Law AssociationThe Law Society of OntarioThe Lawyers ClubThe Medical Legal Society of Toronto
- The Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers Association
- Called to theOntario Bar (1979)
For Rates & Cancellation policy, please visit my website here.