Academy Member Inducted 2020Map & Directions
1 King Street West
Hamilton, ON L8P 1A4
Fax: 1-289 460-2482
Recognized to Ontario Chapter for:
- Practice Commenced2005
- # of MEDS (as of 1/4/23)2200
- # of ARBS (as of 1/4/23)
Online / In-Person
"You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist."
Jarvis has over 34 years of experience litigating and mediating cases.
Jarvis has knowledge and experience in all aspects of insurance related litigation.
As a litigation lawyer and mediator he has handled a wide array of matters including claims relating to personal injury, disability, statutory accident benefits, commercial liabiity, and professional liability.
Since transitioning from his litigation practice to being a full time mediator, Jarvis has conducted over 2000 mediations. He has a very good record of success.
With Jarvis you will have a knowledgeable mediator who will conduct the process with evident experience and expertise. The process will be civil and respectful at all times.
You will have a mediator who is fair and balanced in facilitating the discussions and the negotiations.
You will have a mediator who connects well with clients and lawyers and who will bring appropriate humour, sensitivity and humanity to the particular problems at hand.
You will have a mediator who is very good at "unclenching fists".
- Contract Disputes
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Wrongful Death
- 1985-86 Law Society of Upper Canada Bar Admission Course
- 1981-84 Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
- 1975-78 University of Guelph - Bachelor of Arts
- October 2008 – completed four day mediation training course conducted by the Honourable George W. Adams, Q.C. – "Mediating Justice: Learning to Mediate in a Rights-Based World"
- In 1995 completed the Harvard Mediation course through the Advocates Society.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Law Society of Upper Canadac
- Hamilton Medical Legal Society
- Canadian Bar Association (Member of Insurance Law Section – Alternative Dispute Resolution Section)
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Hamilton Law Association
- ADR Institute of Canada
- Distinguished Fellow, International Academy of Mediators
- Ontario Chapter, Canadian Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
Please contact my assistant, Lori Clarke for latest rates information.