Academy MemberMap & Directions
Recognized to Ontario Chapter for:
Other ADR Services: Facilitation, Med-Arb, Mini-Trial, Neutral Evaluation
- Practice Commenced: 2007
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2021): 1800
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2021): 10
Joy is an accomplished lawyer who shifted her practice in 2007 to that of full time neutral and conflict resolution work.
She has received the designation of Chartered Mediator (C. Med) from the ADR Institute of Canada and is available to mediate and/or arbitrate most civil and commercial matters.
Joy earned her law degree at Dalhousie University (now the Schulich School of Law) in 1989, and was called to the Ontario Bar in 1991. Before shifting her work to that of a full-time neutral, Joy was a partner in a large national law firm, initially in Toronto and then in Ottawa co-anchoring a new office for that same firm starting in 1999. Joy earned her Masters of Law (LL.M) in Alternate Dispute Resolution from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2011 and was certified as a Senior Facilitator with Potential Project International in 2015.
Joy is currently serving on the ADR Institute of Ontario’s Board; co-chairs the ADR Institute of Canada’s Chartered Mediator assessment committee and is serving as the Northwest Territories’ Equal Pay Commissioner.
- Contract Disputes
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Bachelor of Laws LL.B, Dalhousie University,1989 and called to Ontario Bar in 1991 (Awards: Smith Shield (top debater); Arthur S. Pattillo prize for Advocacy) Also University Ombudsperson - 1988/89
- Masters of Law – LL.M (ADR), Osgoode Hall Law School (2011)
- Chartered Mediator (C.Med), ADR Institute of Canada (2011 ongoing
- Certified Senior Facilitator, Potential Project International (2015 ongoing)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution - Advanced Training, University of Winsor Law/Stitt Feld Handy Group (2007)
Memberships & Affiliations
- ADR Institute of Ontario, elected Director and co-chair Membership Committee (2019 ongoing)
- Regional Chartered Mediator Accreditation Committee (2014 ongoing, currently committee co-chair)
Please call the office for details