Academy Member Inducted 2020Map & Directions
1136 Maritime Way
Ottawa, ON K2K 0M1
Cell: (613) 863-5204
Recognized to Ontario Chapter for:
Civil/Commercial Mediation & Arbitration
Other ADR Services: Facilitation, Fact Finding, Med-Arb, Mini-Trial, Neutral Evaluation
- Practice Commenced1997
- # of MEDS (as of 10/6/23)2000
- # of ARBS (as of 10/6/23)25
Online / In-Person
Lyon Gilbert is a Chartered Arbitrator, a Chartered Mediator, a retired Deputy Judge Small Claims Court and a retired lawyer who specialized in civil litigation. Lyon is a seasoned ADR professional who brings a solid background of legal experience as well as ADR skills to assist in the settlement of disputes. Known for his principled approach to the mediation process, Lyon has conducted thousands of mediations, and adjudicated thousands of cases.
- Principal of Out of Court, a dispute resolution company offering alternatives to court actions.
- Extensive experience in conducting thousands of mediations and adjudications in all types of matters and conflicts.
- Called to the Bar in Ontario in 1974. Retired from the full time practice of law.
- Retired Deputy Judge Small Claims Court.
- Roster Mediator, Ontario Mandatory Mediation Program - Ottawa and Toronto.
- Chartered Mediator (C.Med.) granted by the ADR Institute of Canada Inc.
- Chartered Arbitrator (C.Arb.) granted by the ADR Institute of Canada Inc.
- Roster Mediator, General Insurance OmbudService,
- Roster Arbitrator, Builder Arbitration Forum, Tarion.
- Former Adjunct Professor at the University of Ottawa, Common Law Section teaching mediatio theory and practice.
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario, the County of Carleton Law Association, and the ADR Institute of Canada and Ontario.
- Distinguished Arbitrator and Mediator, member of the Ontario Chapter of the Canadian Academy of Distinguished Neutrals and Affiliate Member of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals.
- Consumer Rights
- Contract Disputes
- Disability Claims
- Estates & Trusts
- Family Businesses
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Malpractice
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Wrongful Death
- Wrongful Dismissal
B.A. McGill (1968);
B.C.L. McGill (1971);
LL.B. McGill (1972);
Memberships & Affiliations
Law Society of Ontario, the County of Carleton Law Association, the ADR Institute of Canada and Distinguished Arbitrator and Mediator, member of the Ontario Chapter of the Canadian Academy of Distinguished Neutrals and member of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals.
Rates available on request.